Wednesday, January 17, 2007

10 Places

This is soooo stolen from the lovely Brookelina, but I am doing only one post. These are 5 surprising places I haven't been and 5 awesome places that I have been in my 37 years on this planet.

Places I Have Never Been
  1. A New York Jets home game. I've seen them at New England 5 times, but never at Giant's Stadium.
  2. The Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building, and I grew up less than two hours away from them.
  3. The Miss America Pageant. If you grew up in Atlantic City, it is almost heresy to have not gone to the pageant at least once. I did, however, go to a ton of their parades and yelled Shooooes to all of the contestants.
  4. I have never been in a Gap or Abercromnie & Fitch store. Last time I checked, they didn't have a husky or big-man's section.

  5. I have never been anywhere that required a passport. Some places I have been now require one, but not when I was there.

Places I Have Been

  1. Dinner with the Yankee Clipper, Joe DiMaggio. Even for a Sox fan, that was cool.

  2. Played blackjack at Caesar's in AC with Wayne Gretzky, Jim Belushi, Luc Robitaille, Al MacInnis, and Chris Chelios. Until they raised the table minimum bet to $50/hand that is.

  3. Fishing off the coast of Costa Maya in the Gulf of Mexico.
  4. To 18 Jimmy Buffett concerts in NJ, PA, GA, FL, MA, and TX.

  5. To Mardi Gras, twice.

Comments:
Would you really WANT to go to the Miss America Pageant?1

Umm, actually I take that back.

As 2 contestants were just BUSTED taking drunken pictures of themselves sucking on their friends boobies... it sounds like a Flounder Eye Buffet?! ~snicker~
 
Out of curiousity, what's the significance of yelling, "Shooooes?"
 
Eve - It's tradition down there. Weel, it was until the pageant moved to Vegas.

tfg - I was hoping someone might ask that. We would sit on the boardwalk during the parade and yell for the contestants to show us their shoes. They would always be wearing their long gowns with the sides slit and sitting on the top of the back seat of a convertible. When they would throw a leg over the side of the car to show us their shoes, we would look up their dresses. For some reason, they never caught on.
 
Barf on the pageant.
 
HOORAY FOR MARDI GRAS!!
 
I think I would probably be able to die if I was you.
 
Mardi Gras, I've always wanted to go. 18 Jimmy Buffett concerts.. Wow!

Have a great day.
 
KJ - It's tradition, like going to the Derby if you live in Louisville.

Blonde - I won't bother telling you about playing golf with Rick Tocchett and Peter Zezel then.

~d - I love N.O. and I even went to Mardi Gras in Mobile, AL too.

e - You have no idea how hard it was for me to not ask him what is was like to lay the wood to Marilyn.

Mac - I still haven't seen the Jets win a Superbowl, so I can't go yet.

Leigh - I try to hit a show every year, but it so much harder now to get tickets. Hopefully I can get them this summer because I got shut out last year.
 
Hi, I'm a friend of Brooke's and a fellow NJ native.

How did you end up at a table with all those sports luminaries?
 
i ate dinner and chatted with phil jackson. we talked motorcycles and ate mexican.... very zen like!
 
thephoenixnyc - It was after the NHL All-Star Game in 1992. The game was in Philly and I had a friend that worked at Caesars who called me and told me Gretzky and a few other players had just checked in. It was a Saturday night, so I figured they might be at the tables, so I grabbed my game program and headed up there. For the most part, nobody recognized these guys so I got to hang out with them all night. Eventually security roped of the table, but Chelios said that I was with him so I got to stay. Jeremy Roenick, Brett Hull, then Kings owner Bruce McNall and Gretzky's wife Janet Jones were also there.

mgc - That is really cool. He's a big hippie, isn't he?
 
They still have Miss America pageants?

Mardi Gras sounds cool!
 
dr.

it would not surprise me if he gre pot on his ranch in montana.
 
Oooh...I love the places you've been.

Show us your shoes! Show us your shoes!!!
 
CB - Yeah, but they are in Vegas now and are shown on Country Music Television.

mgc - It would surprise me if he didn't grow pot on his ranch!

Brookelina - I still need to go shark fishing on the Great Barrier Reef.

Ubie - I don't know what to do about those situations either, but I know that ending an innocent life is wrong, no matter what. There are thousands of people that would love to adopt and raise a child rather than see it aborted.
 
the jets will never win a superbowl.

i am too old to go into abercrombie and fitch. the hot little models always turn me away at the door.

regarding the passport bit, presumably you've been to canada and mexico. i've only been to one of those places and it wasn't mexico.

you definitely should have asked what it was like to lay the wood to marylin.

fuck jim belushi, he's a hack.

fuck jimmy buffet too.

and fuck mardi gras. twice.

hugs and mittens,

lord f
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]