Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One Great Weekend!

I had a really awesome weekend! I went into work for 5 1/2 hours Saturday afternoon and 12 1/2 hours on Sunday. Now how many times have ever heard anyone say that they had a great weekend when they had to work?


You see, my company owns Vyvx, and Vyvx backhauls the HD feed for every NFL game. We need to have a tech on site at each venue in case anything goes wrong, and I got to work the Patriots v. Jets game at Gillette Stadium on Sunday. And I, of course, am a HUGE Jets fan!


That’s right, I got paid to watch football. And I got to eat NY strip steak in the press box before the game. And I got to walk on the field before, though the rain started to pour down. And I watched the game from a luxury suite that belongs to my wife’s old boss. And best of all, I got to rub it in their faces when the Jets won 17-14!

After the game, I went down to check and see if I was still needed, and they told me I could go. I walked out the exit near the Jets buses and saw some really gigantic guys standing around. I recognized one of them as D’Brickashaw Ferguson, the Jets first round draft choice this past April. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and he signed my press credential. He was really nice and kind of shy for a guy that is 6’3”, 312lbs! Then he introduced me to Jonathan Vilma, their All-Pro linebacker. I told him that me and my 8-month old son Jake have matching #51 jerseys, and that I was kicking myself for not wearing it to the game. Again, he was really nice, though shorter than I thought he would be.

And if that wasn’t enough good stuff, my buddy Morgan came over early on Saturday morning and helped me finish putting the roof on our house! And not a minute too soon as it has been raining here ever since Saturday night!

Comments:
captain morgan?
 
Sounds like a hell of a time
 
You sure do have a sweet gig. Oh, the boy of yours is pretty adorable.
 
i still hate the fact the pats lost to the jets...

really...it was a painful game to watch, and having my best friends on the phone with me yelling in victory...uch. bad memories. baddddddddd memories.
 
You have to love your job. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Hope your week continues the same.

Have a good day.
 
You have to love your job. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Hope your week continues the same.

Have a good day.
 
COOL!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]