Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Randomness

I think that one of the greatest insults that you can throw at somebody is to tell them to go get their shine box. If they don't understand it, it's even better.

I didn't watch any of baseball's All-Star game this year. I just wasn't interested in the least bit. I remember when I was a kid and I used to watch the game with my dad. It was like a big deal, something that we really looked forward to every summer. I still love baseball, but I just had no interest in watching it. I wonder what changed.

The Sox start the second half of the season tonight with a 10-game lead over Blue Jays and the Evil Empire. How do you like them apples Yankee fans?

My house is nearly done, on the inside. The kitchen cabinets are installed and all that remains is the trim work. Some electrical work needs to be done so that we can install some of the lighting, but my buddy Dana should be over this weekend to help with that. The tile in the bathroom and entry are still not done, but hopefully they will be completed soon. I have a healthy beard going right now because I can't install the vanity and mirror until the floor is done and I'm not shaving blindly.

Never eat a Taco Bell gordita before a 90 minute drive. Trust me on that one.

One of my co-workers just had all of his bank accounts wiped out by someone who stole his check card number when he placed an ad on-line to sell his car. He found out what had happened when he tried to fill up his gas tank on the family vacation to Maine and it was declined. Then, on his way home a few days later, a re-tread from a semi ripped off and tore apart his passenger-side quarter panel on his car. All of this was topped off when he got home and found out that one cousin had been in an accident and had a head wound causing amnesia, and another cousin was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of two. I guess that things aren't going that bad for me after all.

Comments:
I have things to say, but I'll e-mail them to you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]