Wednesday, June 13, 2007

OMG - Twice in a week?

I saw something the other night that reminded me why I started to blog in the first place. I saw something that gave me something to bitch about.

I was in line at the Stop & Shop, the same market where this happened. The twenty-something prison-tat-and-no-bra-wearing, goonie-goo-goo-speaking "girl" in front of me was talking on her cell phone and was about to check out. Surely she would hang up in order to complete her transaction, right? Nope.

She kept on rambling on aimlessly while the young girl behind the register remained professional, checking out her Twinkies, frozen burritos, Ramen noodles and Mac-N-Cheese. Then she whipped out her EBT card, swiped it, picked up her bags and left. She never even acknowledged the girl behind the counter with so much as a grunt.

The cashier turned, looked at me and said, "So when did that become socially acceptable?" I replied,"It isn't".

Now I'm not sure which disturbs me more. Is it the absolutely rude behavior of the bigfoot bitch or is it the fact that someone who is living on government assistance has a cell phone? She can't buy her own groceries, but she can afford a monthly cell bill? I'll bet that she has a better cable package than I do too.

Look, I'm not cracking on people that need some government assistance to get by. We've all needed some help from someone at some point in our lives, but it is becoming a lifestyle for too many. Government programs are supposed to be for the short term, but enabling a behavior will ensure that a temporary situation becomes permanent.

Comments:
That story is unbelivable...

That pic is even better ;)
 
I want that tee shirt.

I'll be home for good on Sunday!
 
No cell phones at the counter.

Who knows someone could be paying for the cell phone for her? But it does not excuse the fact that she is rude.
 
that shirt is brill, and cell phones suck.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]