Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Big Blur

This past weekend went by so quickly that I am pretty sure I missed it. We closed on the sale of our house last Friday afternoon and moved into the new chateau in RI. Apparently living in a house for 5 years is just enough time to forget just how much you really hate moving. And going from a 2,300' sq house with a huge storage attick to a 1,800' sq with no storage is just like shoving 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound sack. I still have a 10' truck that I haven't even thought about unpacking yet.

Construction is still in progress on the new place and right now, we have plywood bathroom, kitchen and foyer floors. Our base kitchen cabinets are in the house, just not installed. I have no idea where any of my clothes are, and we had Verizon Fios installed even though we can't find the phone or computer. We have no operational sinks, but we do have a toilet and a shower, so life isn't all that bad. I'll post some before and after pics when it is all done.

Next week, we are going down to my mom's place in Jersey for a little R&R, and when we get back, the place should be just about finished. I may shorten the trip a bit to get some work done around the place, mainly preparing for the mother of all yard sales. The proceeds from the yard sale will be paying for the new deck (or my plasma tv), but I think that is still a few weeks away.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and am really looking forward to some rest and beers on the deck of the Greenhouse with old friends and Brooke (If she doesn't wimp out). If I get lucky, I'll even get Buffett tickets for 6/30.

Comments:
I'll be there. Will you wear a rose in your lapel so I know it's you?
 
Brooke - I seriously doubt that Fluonder is hard to miss.

Flounder, just think all of this will be over soon. I can only imagine how stressed out you are.

I'm pretty fucking stressed out myself. I found out the results of my biopsy...and they aren't good. They aren't the "worst" either. I have to have some outpatient surgery. I don't have cancer, yet, and we want to prevent that. Anyway, you said you wanted an update...so there it is.
 
Brooke - What's a lapel?

Mac - Thanks for the update. Get done what you need to get done and get past this. You are a strong woman and I know that you will come through this just fine. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
 
YOW!
With all that shiznit going on you still had time to come visit.
(i am honored)
 
How have you been?
 
Is your computer still packed up or sumfin?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]