Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Monday

My son is walking now. He started last weekend, just as my parents were leaving for home. He was crawling all over the place, then stood up and walked across the room to my Dad. He has a flair for the dramatic.

Have you ever heard the song How to Save a Life, by The Fray? Yeah, I'll tell you how to save a life. Quit playing that ass-whipping of a song on the radio because every time that I hear it while I'm driving I want to jerk the steering wheel and crash into a bridge embankment.

The new house is coming along nicely, although the budget is looking sort of sad since the old house hasn't sold yet. We originally wanted to get Corian countertops, then downgraded to granite. Now I think that we will be getting formica countertops, and if it doesn't sell soon, they'll be made of cardboard. Just like the cabinets will be.

Next week is my favorite week of the year. It starts with the college national championship basketball game and baseball's opening day and culminates with the end of the NHL regular season and The Masters Tournament. As a Flyers fan, I think that I am most excited about it being the merciful end of the season. My bold off-season prediction is the Peter Forsberg re-sign with the Flyers this summer.

Some friends and I have compiled a list of things that a fat guy should absolutely never do. Most of the list comes from our experiences as fat guys, so it wasn't meant to be funny, just informative. What do you think?

  1. Skimboard
  2. Ride a mini-motorcycle
  3. Dance to techno music
  4. Play tennis
  5. Sit in plastic lawn chairs
  6. Play Twister
  7. Wear leather pants
  8. Play Dance Dance Revolution, the boxing game, or any other virtual reality games at the arcade
  9. Sit in a papasan chair
  10. Participate in a paintball war
  11. Sleep on an air mattress

One of my coworkers just bought a new mattress and he hates it. It's one of those temper-number-inflatable-adjustable-space-aged ones that costs like $2500, too. Is there anything more frustrating than spending a boat-load of coin on a mattress then being up all night because its uncomfortable?

My mortgage on the new house through GMAC was sold to a new company last week. The new company also happens to be the same mortgage company that services my loan for my old house, Ocwen. Last Wednesday, they left 27 messages on my machine asking me to call them back. I'm not exaggerating, 27. I called them when I got home to see what was the matter, and all they wanted to do was verify my personal and employer information (Which they already had!!). Oh, then they proceeded to call another 9 times.


Comments:
You crack me up....Corain to Granite to Cardboard....keep on you will be sleepin on just a mattress....i expect new pics up of Jake soon...or i will have to give you the father of the year award....
 
What about playing twister while wearing the leather pants?


hi
 
5. Sit in plastic lawn chairs

That totally cracked me up.

I'm heading to NJ first week in April. Subs baby!
 
we do make very easy targets in a paintball war.
 
Greta - If it doesn't sell soon, they might be made out of construction paper.

KJ - I can't think of a more horrifying than me in leather pants, playing twister.

Brooke - At a BBQ last summer, I told my buddy Shep (5' 9", 360lbs) not to sit in one of the plastic chairs. He ignored me and the thing exploded like the Death Star!

mgc - A few weeks ago, my friend's kids were having a paintball war and they asked me to play. I told them that I would just sit on the porch and they could just shoot me, and it would save us all the effort.
 
I'm not understanding why fat guys shouldn't play paintball. Please elaborate.

Awwww...he's walking. Time flys by.
 
Mac - We're just really easy targets. It takes the sporting nature right out of it.
 
Yeah, I agree that song is getting old, real fast!! LOL

I still can't believe the Flyers have like the worst record in the NHL this year...talk about OUCH!
 
re: mortgage company

The same thing happened to us! Only, I'd pick up the phone and an automated voice would tell me to wait for the next operator. Who never came on. So I hung up. And they'd call... and call... and call

I want someone to slap them in the face with a dead fish.
 
*sniff sniff*

You're eating a sub aren't you! I can smell it on your breath!
 
dude.... you ok over there? please tell me you didn't get some bad pork?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]