Friday, March 02, 2007

Bittersweet

No, I did not get Buffett tickets...

Yet!

But there is still a chance. The promoter may be moving the stage back 20 feet, and that would open up some more seats for sale. If they do, we are on the waiting list and should get good seats AND the luxury suite. (Or shall I say SWEET!!) There is also talk of them adding another show.

Today began yet another round of layoffs here in telecom world. My company will be making RIFs (Reduction in Force) the first Friday of each month from now until whenever, and we lost three guys today. Thankfully, I wasn't one of them... this time.

I feel badly for those three guys, but I am glad it's not me. It's a strange feeling, rejoicing when you know that its at the expense of three other people. But as Hyman Roth said in The Godfather Part II, "this is the business we've chosen." If you work in telecom, you work in a field where every day could be your last.

In other news...

I am hoping to have the new house ready to move in by Jake's birthday, but it doesn't look good. I am gimping a little bit with a broken pinky toe on my right foot, believe it or not. It only hurts when I breath, though, so that's cool.

I was nearly killed by a squirrel last weekend. Not a real one, and not a man dressed up as a squirrel either. I'm going to post about this next week, but this is a nice tease for you.

I am giving away a 32" LCD HDTV at my open house next weekend to the person that puts in an acceptable bid within 24 hours of the end of the open house. I really need to get this place sold and I will try any gimmick. Just call me PT Barnum!

Some time before Monday, Extreme Makeover, Flounder Edition will be taking place. Let me know if you like the new layout.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments:
I'm in the telecom world, in avery different capacity. I quit, moved and went to contract before they could tank me. They'll cutmy wires any day now, but I've kind of set myself up for that and in some ways I'm looking forward to it. Been there too long. Time for something, anything, new.
 
A free tv, can I make a bid? Our 31 incher is on its last leg.

Nothing scarier than layoffs happening around you. You think about your job, your options, and the thoughts of finding something else. It's a rude wake-up call.
 
breathing is so over rated!

stop kicking squirrels
 
You can't get laid off! No no no! Not Jake's daddy! Not anyone's daddy!

Also, your love of Jimmy Buffet is disconcerting to me. I will turn a blind eye to it, as you have many other fine qualities.
 
Good luck :)
Hey, I'm on the Greek Council -wooohoo hehe nice new digs in here ;)
 
Good luck with everything!

I also love what you've done with the place!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]