Saturday, February 10, 2007

The times, they are a changin'

The Delta House will be getting a new look over the next couple of weeks, courtesy of Mia over at Ciao My Bella desgns. It will be getting a little bit of a change of heart in my posts as well.

I have spent the past nine days at home recovering from surgery to remove my tonsils and adenoids. Every morning has brought a new kind of pain; First the throat. Then the jaw. Then my teeth, and now my ears. I've also been battling a cold that has taken out Mrs. Flounder and Jake, so it's been a little rough.

But over this time, I have done some thinking. I have come to the conclusion that I shouldn't be nearly the miserable bastard that I am on a daily basis. I have a truly blessed life, and this medical leave has done nothing but prove that over and over again.

First off, I have a job that provides me with excellent health care coverage, so this operation will cost me under $300 for everything, including the hospital charges. My employer also offers short term disability insurance at a rate of 80%, so I'm really losing very little income and none of my vacation time (of which I get 20 days a year, btw).

I have gotten up every morning with my son crawling across my chest, giggling. If there is a better way to wake up, I haven't found it yet. Then I get to spend the whole day with my wife and Jake, taking naps, playing in the nursery, and eating ice cream.

On top of all that, my buddy Morgan is putting down the subfloors in the new house. He offered to do it because he wants us to get moved down there as soon as possible. Is that a great friend or what?

And I haven't even mentioned the percocets!

My point is that I have it pretty good in this here life. If the operation was a success, then I should be able to sleep better which will give me more energy on a daily basis to actually live my life. I might even work in a trip to the gym a couple times a week and actually get my big ass in shape.

So let me introduce to you, Flounder 2k7, the shinier and happier model. I can guarantee that there will still be some rants because I am sure that someone will pee in my cornflakes once in a while, but I am going to try to keep on the positive and give thanks to God for every good thing in my life.

Comments:
it is good to see that you are able to see your life as the blessing that it is. i think we all knew that you liked your life, so you needent change too much. and as for rants... hello, 2008 is around the corner and who pisses better than libs?

you are truly blessed my friend. give your wife and son a hug and thank them for being a part of that blessing.... and a small kiss from me ;-)
 
You are going to be shiny and happy? How will we recognize you?
 
mgc - Thanks for the love man. Life is too short to be an ass all the time.

Brooke - I'll still be fat.
 
hey flounder. i'm glad you're feeling better.

i'm sensing a bit of liberalism in this post. suck on that mgc.

hugs and mittens and obama in 2008,

lord f
 
lf - that is what hillary would be best for; provided that she was the single solitary last female on the planet...sucking. at least that would be one way to keep her quiet.
 
Long Dong Silver couldn't keep her quiet.
 
lo f,
you are quite funny when you pull your head out of your ass. because flo 2k7 is trying to be optimistic and bring happiness to this blog, i will refrain from making comments about whom i learned about sucking cock, like your girlfriend or your mom or any of those vulgar things that only bring people down.

beside, all i would really have to do to find out about blow jobs is ask monica or billy how it is done under desks. they seem to have had much practice.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]