Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Six Weird Things About Flounder

I spent exactly one day in Kindergarten before moving on to first grade. You see, I was a big kid. I mean REALLY big. And, not to sound too conceited, I was a little further along intellectually than the other kids. Sister Angela picked up on both things immediately and called my parents into school that night. The next day, I was in first grade.

Everything bad that happens to me happens on the left side of my body. Since I was a kid, I have broken my foot, cut off two fingers, cracked three ribs, gashed open my palm, shattered my knee cap, had a blood clot in my leg, detached my retina, had a cataract, and separated my shoulder. All of these injuries have been on my left side. As for my right side, I haven’t even had a hang nail.

I absolutely can not stand anything touching my nose. It drives my completely insane. It is my kryptonite. My wife knows this, and when she is pissed at me, she will hold her hand over my nose until I cry like a little bitch.

I can fall asleep faster than anyone you have ever met. People who have witnessed this would swear that I have narcolepsy. I have recently been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and had surgery to have my tonsils and huge adenoids removed, so this might be removed from my list soon.

I bite my fingers like a rabid hamster. Not my fingernails so much, but the tips of my fingers next to the nails. I bite my nails too, but lots of people do that.

I still have my wisdom teeth, as does every member of my family. The have never grown in and become painful like in most people. I tend to think that makes us superior in some way. Or maybe we all just have big mouths.

Comments:
my nails and the skin around it is horrible....i have to stop that...they are scarred now....

all tht shit that has happened to you on your left side is crazy....
 
I have my wisdom teeth too. Sometimes they hurt.

I can't wait to meet you so I can touch your nose.
 
There is no way you can fall asleep faster than me. I can fall asleep at any time anywhere.
 
I'm with ya on the nose thing. I'm quirky that way!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
 
What an awesome list. I love the nose torture from you wife the best.

Have a good day.
 
I think there are more you're not telling us.

I think I'll make some up.

Flounder has green pubic hair.

Flounder has an egg sac.

Flounder lives in a tree.
 
Wow you had all that happen to you?! Guess I should consider myself lucky - I havent gone to hospital for anything (knock on wood ;)

I got my wisdom teeth too - no probs
 
So what you're saying is that should you and I meet up in some bizarre boxing match, featherweight vs heavyweight, I should come at you from your left side and make a lot of rabbit punches at your nose?

Good to know, I guess.

Everything bad that happens to me is much more egalitarian. It happens everywhere.
 
With all of those horrible things happening to your left side, no wonder you're a right-wing Republican.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]