Monday, February 19, 2007

Back!

After a 17 day sabbatical, I am back in the office today. As I pulled out of the driveway, my pager went off alerting me of a generator problem at one of our sites. I didn't even make it to the office yet, and its starting.

Now I could let that get me down, but not the new and improved Flounder. I'm just going to be thankful that I have a job to do.

I do, however, miss my wife and son. It was really awesome spending that much concentrated time together, especially being the recipient of Jake's hugs and kisses. (He just learned how to do both while I was home!!)

Now for some randomness...

I have ordered the flooring and kitchen cabinets for the new house, and hope to be moved in by mid-March. Hopefully we will celebrate Jake's first birthday there with our special guest, Elmo.

My surgery was a complete success! I am sleeping much better and a few people commented to me that I just looked healthier. I'll be hitting the gym in a couple of weeks and will hopefully be ready for softball season. (This is not a commitment to play, Alex & Morgan!!)


How bad of an influence is Kevin Federline? He single-handedly took the biggest sex symbol in recent memory and turned her into Ripley from Alien 3. The dude is the white version of Bobby Brown.

I haven't watched a new movie in a while. Any suggestions?


Comments:
good for you flounder. i'm sending you a hillary 2008 t-shirt as i type this. ok, i'm not really doing that, but if i had your mailing address i would.

as for movie suggestions, if you haven't yet seen it, check out "the departed": it's great.

lord f
 
Departed was a great movie. I loved Little Miss Sunshine too.

Glad your surgery was a success!!

Britney is a lost cause. Even a stint in Playboy couldn't save her now...
 
You should watch this
 
glad you are up to speed.

finally something that lo f and i can agree on... the departed is a good flick. my wife just watched the illusionist and said it was great.

that hillary rag that lo f wants to send you would make a good floor wax applicator for your new floors!
 
LF - I'm going to check out The Departed, but only because I want to see the exact level of screwing that Scorsese is going to take at the Oscars this year.

Blonde - Playboy is the next step, isn't it? Either that or a Breaking Britney series on VH1.

Ubes - Is Reptilicus a movie about your brother's girlfriend?

mgc - I could use that Hillary t-shirt the same way that I used the Patriots bib that someone gave us at my wife's baby shower; diaper in a pinch!
 
Departed was a good movie.

I'm glad your surgery went well. Yeah!
 
Good luck on the recovery mate. I'm sure it will be tough to leave my wife and future child at home. I can see why some decide to work from home once a kid is born.

Oh the house projects. Do they ever end?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]