Monday, January 08, 2007

Not exactly what I planned, but...

This weekend was great and frustrating all at the same time. I didn't nearly finish all of the work that I need to do on my house, but what I did finish came out better than expected. I got virtually no sleep, but somehow I had enough energy to make it through. And the Jets lost, but I made 17 hours of overtime this past weekend and had a really great time at the game.

Oh yeah, and I met my childhood hero, Joe Klecko. This guy is 53 years old and was still the most intimidating looking guy on the field during warm ups. He seemed like a heck of a nice guy. I used to line up and try to play like he did when I was in high school, but I kinda sucked so it didn't work out so good.

Most importantly, today is a very special day, Elvis' birthday. I have always been a fan of The King because my father was a huge fan. I can remeber riding around in his not-so-environmentally-friendly 1977 Lincoln Town Car and listening to the Aloha from Hawaii 8-track. And no, my dad was not a pimp!

Anyway, I used to take this day off every year and celebrate appropriately by watching Viva Las Vegas, eating fried PB and nanner sandwiches and taking percocet until I couldn't see straight, but I can't do it this year. No, I've got plenty of percocet, but I don't want to lose the overtime by taking off.
So if you like Elvis, which do you like better: Young, good-looking Elvis or old, fat Elvis? I think you know my choice. After all, I'm a hunka hunka burning love!

Comments:
I'm sorry your team lost. Will you root for the Bears now? We need all the goodwill we can get.
 
'68 comeback elvis is my hero!
 
Ubie - I sort of like da Bears (or at least I like saying da Bears), but I kinda like the Eagles a little. Mostly I'm just counting the days until pitchers and catchers report. (Forty in case your interested.)

mgc - The black leather was a damn good look for The King. Good call!
 
That's so cool you met The Joe Klecko. He was a mean bastard in his playing days. Sounds like not much has changed based on your description of him today.
 
Lately, I have been pretending that I like the Giants. Shhhh...don't tell anybody.
 
But, that's over now.
 
I can't believe you managed to stay awake through that game. I bet you slept well after.

Hope you are having a good day.
 
I love Elvis.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]