Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Funday

Being back to work today is actually a good thing for me. Between moving half of my belongings into the new house on Saturday and shopping with my wife and son yesterday, I really need a little break.

Today and pretty much all of this week, I am working about 90 minutes further away from home than I usually do. That means I leave the house at 4:30am. LEAVE at 4:30am! So much for my beauty rest.

I am overseeing a contractor that is installing a rubber roof onto one of our sites, and I'm getting a little buzz from smelling the adhesive that they are using.

Why are there rest room Nazis at gas stations all around where I am working today? In fact, why are there rest room Nazis at all? I just bought $60 worth of gas, a bottle of water, a newspaper, and a pack of gum at your store, but you won't let me take the Browns to the Superbowl inside? You direct me to the port-o-potty in the back that hasn't been cleaned since the Clinton administration? Damn you to hell!

I am already beaten down by Christmas music, and there are still two weeks left. If you see me in an elevator of a really tall building carrying something that looks like a guitar case, don't go outdoors until the shooting stops. Trust me on this one.

I am sitting in on yet another conference call. The topic? My boss's meetings in Atlanta later this week. I have no input into the agenda, and really have no questions regarding anything they are discussing. Needless to say, I have tuned them out completely and have seized an opportunity to update this blog.

The New York Jets are killing me. They had an opportunity to solidify their playoff chances yesterday and they lost to the suck-ass Buffalo Bills. I swear, being a Jets fan is like being the child of an alcoholic. Every once in a while, they straighten themselves up enough to give you hope that things will be different this time. You believe in them, even though they've burned you in the past, and you outwardly express your love for them. Then they show up drunk to a PTA meeting and make you feel like a jerk for thinking this time would be different. Yesterday's game was that PTA meeting.

That little buzz is starting to turn into a headache. I'm heading for the motrin bottle.

Comments:
I'm cracking up here.
 
Brooke - You're the only one who still loves me.
 
One of my fav quotes, but yea-3 times can be a bit much.
i am glad you passed by...
I miss chatting with you at BV's.

I deleted some of your extras.
xxoo
 
i am a panther fan and i too feel the same about them.

they should at least share the booze if they are going to humilliate us like they do.

i was sick of christmas music just prior to holloween!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]