Friday, December 15, 2006

Kids are expensive!

We took Jake to the mall the other night to get some pictures done for Christmas. I mean, what kind of parents would we be if we didn't get some good pictures of baby's first Christmas, right?

So we went to Sears and the little man put on the charms when the camera started flashing. We got some really great shots then Jake decided that he'd had enough and wanted to nap. We sat down with our photographer and started looking at the "Holiday Special Packages". Three hundred bucks later, we have our keepsakes. And since I got the picture CD, I will share some of them with you.

But first, I need to tell you about the mall where Sears is located in Warwick. It is called the Rhode Island Mall, and it looks very similar to a ghost town. Other than Sears, Walmart and Kohls, there can't be 10 other stores in the whole place. It's empty store front after empty store front. And there are no people in this mall. Ever. The most you will see is when the DMV license renewal place is open during the day, and those people are not spending any money in the mall.

Why is the mall so empty? Because there is another mall located less than a mile down the street called the Warwick Mall, and all of the people and stores are there. Now I don't know which one was built first, but what genius looked at that area and said, "You know what this town needs? Another mall!"

I guess that they figure it works for Dunkin Donuts in New England, so why not a 200 store mall? I mean, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Dunkin Donuts up here. In Boston, at the Downtown Crossing MBTA station, there is one at street level next to the subway stairwell, and one at the bottom of the steps. Oh, and one on the other side of the tracks so no one has to walk up a flight of stairs to cross over and get some Munchkins. And get this, they're all busy!

But I digress.


Without further delay, here is the little man...



Labels: , ,


Comments:
Jake is too flippin' cute for words. He looks just like you, too.
 
ARRGH!
I had trouble posting a comment!
Jeez!
cool that we both spoke of our kids!
woo!!!!!
 
don't quote me on this but RI.Mall (formerly know as Midland Mall) was opened many years ago and one of the first malls to compete with "downtown" (providence)shopping department stores. So if it's successful why not build another ? This was before the buildup of the big box stores lining route 2, Bald Hill Road. The newest kid on the block is the providence place mall (in providence).
Expensive as it may be you have the photos and cd done. "time is money" (as they say)the option is a computer w/ cd/DVD burner, digital camera, printer/paper/ blank media etc, and time and expertise to do it. and by the way i believe RI holds the record for DDonuts/sq mile or something like that........
 
Awwwww he is so precious :)

True bout the Dunkin Donuts - they left most of VA, so I assumed they weren't around much and ousted by the Kremes that are Krispy- then two trips to New England and I found my donut heaven....ahhhh
 
OMG, he is an absolute cutie!! You have done one heck of a job!
 
So cute! I love how his feet are all splayed out like he was just plopped down and he stayed like that. By the way, I love the Sears portrait studio in my nearby mall. They do an awesome job--and who would have thought a mall would be a first choice for photos? But they rock.
 
That is just too adorable.
 
Mac - So I guess that means that I'm pretty flippin' cute too, eh?

~d - Everyone is complaining about Beta, but I haven't had a single problem yet.

pmetro - Thanks for the RI history of commerce lesson.

Tina - If Dunkin would start selling "hot ones", it would be Breakfast Valhalla.

Cinderella - I've said it before and I'll say it again, as cute as that little boy is, you just know I have one really hot wife.

karla - Yeah, we just plopped him down and he stayed like that. He sat perfectly still and didn't keep crawling away right as the girl was about to snap the picture, and he didn't throw up in the middle of the shot. And we didn't piss off the people who had to wait an extra 15 minutes for their appointment after us. And his poop doesn't stink either.

Brooke - Maybe he will be the object of one of your future blog crushes. (No I'm not bitter!)
 
Well worth it, those are very cute pictures of a cute little boy!
 
he's like a mini version of you!

so fucking adorable!
 
He's adorable. What does he get for Christmas?
 
Yeah, I guess that's what that means.
 
I was going to babble about malls but the adorable pic of Jake has distracted me
 
I can't stop singing that damn song either!
 
I just wanna scoop him up and cuddle him!

CUTE!

Oh- your blog is bangin! *Props*

callie
www.calliesrealm.blogspot.com
 
Hey Guy - Have a fantastic holiday and I wish the best for you and your family :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]