Monday, December 04, 2006

Closing Time

No, my blogs not going anywhere.

I am closing on my house in RI today. We'll start moving some things into the garage this week so we will have room to finish the basement in our current house this weekend. Hopefully, we'll actually get it on the market before Christmas.

Weather.com has been predicting snow here today for the past three days. It is sunny and about 40 degrees. I hate weathermen.

I am calling it now: The New York Jets will go to the Superbowl this year. Remember where you heard it.

I have decided that I am a much better carpenter than I am a mason. Laying tile sucks!

Can someone tell me why the doors on my F-150 occasionally lock as soon as I start the truck? It doesn't do it all the time, just once in a while. This tends to present a problem in winter when I like to warm it up for a few minutes while I drink my coffee in the house.

We have decided to go with laminate flooring in the new house rahter than hardwoods. I can install it faster, and my dogs and my kid can't destroy them. I think.

I really need a "guys night out" some time in the very near future. A few beers, some wings, and a game on a giant screen tv is sounding awfully good right now.

Speaking of giant screen tv's, I saw the new Sony Bravia yesterday, and WOW! It is the most incredible television I have ever seen. The picture was stunningly crisp and I am going to start saving some money to get one next year.

That is all I have. Discuss!

Comments:
Dude, it was 11 degrees here this morning.

35 was the high I think

damn winter
 
Laminate floors would be the only thing left if your house burnt down or got blown away by a tornado. They can withstand anything but water. Water ruins them. I use it in all of my houses and it looks so real, no one knows it isn't real wood.

Come to NJ for boys night! You can hang with me and my friends...
 
Whew scared me there - you're not goin anywhere pal! ;) Send me snow Please...I love it.
 
Charlie - I don't hit the damn brakes! I open the door, reach in, crank it up, then shut the door only to realize that the friggin thing is locked. It almost got me this morning, but I noticed that it locked.

KJ - 11? I mean, 11? You win. I'll be quiet now.

Blonde - You wouldn't be a laminate salesperson, would you? Anyway, as much as I could use that night out in NJ, I am stuck until at least the end of Jan renovating houses.

Tina - I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I might start a second blog on home improvement. I have at least 10 posts that I could write now.
 
What??? You can't go, get your butt back here!!!!!
 
My doors lock when I start the car. Your doors are just weird.
 
I bet I know one of your battered wife jokes. Is the punchline "Nothing; you already told her twice"?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]