Wednesday, March 15, 2006

We Are Clear For Liftoff...

We are now at "T" plus 120 hours, and we have a launch in site.

At today's doctor appointment, Mrs Flounder went through all the usual tests that they give a woman who has gone past her due date. She pee'd in a cup, had blood drawn, got weighed, had an ultrasound, was hooked up to fetal monitor and had her blood pressure checked. Well, the doctor noticed that she looked a little bloated compared to last week and noted that she had gained five pounds since her last visit. Those two factors coupled with her elevated blood pressure cause her doctor to be concerned that she may be at risk for preeclampsia. He is concerned that she could seizure, though I didn't get the feeling that he thought that was likely.

In any case, they will be breaking her water Thursday morning to induce labor. If things don't proceed naturally, then they will give her some Pitocin to move things along. So by Thursday evening, I should be holding my son.

Needless to say, I am going to be busy for a while so I probably won't be posting for a few days. Take care and thank you for all of your well-wishes and prayers.

***Update 3/17/06, 11:12am
Jake Thomas was born at 4:05pm on 3/16 weighing in at 8lbs, 13oz. It was absolutely the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Mom and baby are doing very well. Pics to come...

Comments:
Good luck with everything Flounder. I hope all goes as best as possible. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and especially your wife's.
 
All the best to you, Mrs Flounder and baby Jake. Enjoy your special time :).
 
Hope everything goes well and all is as easy as is possible for mom.
 
Good Luck, I am sending easy labor vibes.
 
Congrats early and I hope your next pic is a healthy momma and a new healthy baby pic. My friend had preeclampsia. She is a size 1 or 3 and lipo and tummy tuck to it. It really can do crazy stuff to your skin. She had it the whole pregnancy so I think that makes it different.
 
I can't wait to see pics of the little flounder edition...heheheh...well wishes to you and your wife
 
Best wishes! :)
 
Yay! Baby Jake is here!

Take care of him... and your wife. Baby her for a while, too.

But Jake, too. Babies are the best.
 
Hopefully a baby is here, since we haven't seen you the last couple of days.
 
Congrats on the new little one. I remember watching my oldest be born. It was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen.
 
Welcome to the show, Jake! Try and take it easy on mom and dad.
 
Awww I am so excited....Glad everything went well....Finally huh! Now the best part is starting...hehehe
 
When I was reading all that doctors planned to do, I kept thinking, "She'll have the baby this weekend." YAY for baby Flounder!!! God don't let him be known as that.
 
Yay, congrats Floundey!

Glad everyone is healthy and safe.

Life is about to change.

Everything.

It's a rollercoaster, but enjoy the ride.

It goes too fast. ;)

So happy for you!
 
Awesome!!! Congrats! Cant wait for pics! :)
 
Hooray! congratulations! Is his middle name Patrick?
 
Congratulations! I'm having a drink for you right now!
 
Congrats Flounder. Glad to hear mom and Jake are doing well. Look forward to seeing some cute baby pictures. Now try and get some much needed sleep.
 
Congrats! Get some sleep before the baby comes home!
You are in for the best ride of your life.
 
Congrats on your baby boy
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]