Monday, March 06, 2006

The Über Nursery


With all due respect to Her Milfesty, the Über Nursery is complete! There has been a ton of time and money spent on this room, so I just have to pat myself on the back and post pictures of the completed product.

I did not originally set out to build the Über Nursery. I only wanted to take a non-used room in my house and make it into a warm and safe place for my son. Well, the knuckleheads that owned my house before me had paneled the room directly over the studs and did not put in any insulation whatsoever. Also, the windows were were old single-pane ones that let in a ton of cold air, so they needed to go. So I ripped down the paneling, installed insulation and new windows, and everything sort of snowballed from there.

The reason that I put as much time and effort into this project is because I wanted to really bless my wife with a room that she would love. This woman has been there with me for 11 years, 8 states, college graduation, six jobs, two houses and a not-so-recreational vehicle (We lived in a 35-foot fifth-wheel for two years while I was working on the road). We had a small wedding and a short honeymoon, and, in short, have never had anything that was spectaular in our lives. She hates 80% of our house and property, but I tell you, she loves this room.

Well, here are the pictures. Enjoy!

Yes, I built this shelf...

The schweet crib (Thanks Mom & Dad!)...

Our son's name will be Jake (Not Jacob)...

The ultra-comfortable chenile chair...

The schweet armoire...

The Bear in the big blue chair...

This is what you see when you walk in the door.


Comments:
It is very nice. Perfect for a baby boy. Congratulations.
 
Very nice room, sounds like your wife is a wonderful lady and you are lucky to have her. Glad she loves the room.
 
Great Job Floundey!!!!!

Trust me, she will SO appreciate it! When is she due again???????? Getting close...
 
You did great and still have all your hair and none of it is grey after all this hard stressful work.
 
That is sooo very awesome, great job! :) When is baby due?
 
congrats on the new baby and i tell you that room is spectacular...I am in love with that shelf....i'd like to place my order for 2 please...teehehehe
 
TG - Thanks for the love. It was a ton of work, but well worth it.

Twisted - She is a patient woman, and that is an atribute that she needs being married to me.

NG - Floundey? I love that! Her due date is this Friday.

Sonya - For some reason, my chest is completely grey, and my goatee is starting to turn a little. I think that it is working it's way up to my head.

Tina - Not long now. If I don't post for a few days, you'll know why.

Greta - I am the Jimi Hendrix of the mitre saw, baby! BTW - I picked the cribset and all of the decorations too. Martha Stewart aint got shit on me!
 
THis Friday??? Holy SHIT!!

Quick... go to a movie, out to dinner, sleep in... all of the things that will soon be a distant memory ;)
 
WOW...that room is beautiful...it looks cozy and peaceful...may I take my naps in there while the baby is out in the stroller ??...LOL

Congrats to you and your wife !
 
NG - I've been taking little naps every day for the past two weeks because every night my wife wakes me up because her back hurts and she can't sleep.

Spy - The crib converts to a full-size bed, so be my guest.
 
It looks beautiful! I bet you can't wait for the arrival.
 
you did an amazing job on that nursery!! wow, is your wife one lucky gal :)
 
CB - You have no idea! I can't wait until the little guy get here. I ordered matching NY Jets jerseys today, so that should give you an idea.

Elizabeth - Hey, thanks for stopping by, and for the compliment! I'm the lucky one here, not her.
 
Thanks Mac! She is due this Friday, but only God knows when he will actually get here.
 
Nice work Flounder. You must be excited for little Jake to arrive. At least the pre-baby work is almost all done. Now comes the fun part.
 
Shan - Thanks baby! Most of my annual bonus is in that room, and my wife loves it!

Egan - I can't wait until the little guy gets here. You're right, though, this was the easy part.
 
What a beautiful room!

Great job!

I'm sure your wife apprecites it! =)
 
That is gorgeous.

Now do the rest of the house.
 
Pissy - Thanks, and she loves it. Hard work, but worth it.

Ubie - I just started on the kitchen.
 
so when are you coming to texas - I will keep my schedule open :)

it looks great!
 
Man, this looks awesome Flounder. You deserve a pat on the back for sure. Please don't take the drill to your temple, it's not worth it.

I think our crib might be the same model with a solid, not slotted, headboard. Jake's got to love his pad. How sweet of you to dedicate this room to your wife of 11 years.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]