Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Random Observations...

I really have absolutely nothing to write about today on this total waste of bandwidth that I call the Delta House, so I thought I'd touch on a few things that are going on in the world.

The broadcasting world lost a legend yesterday when Curt Gowdy passed away. He traveled all over the earth to fish and hunt with movie stars and sports icons, and got paid to do it. It might be the best job of all time. Here's to you, American Sportsman!

I heard an interview with a former Christian pastor that underwent "gender reassignment" surgery and is now a "woman". He has been married to the same woman for 35 years and has three grown children. He says that the whole family supports him/her, and that he still has a love for the Bible and serves the Lord. Huh? How can you believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing God, and then tell Him that He made you wrong, that you should have been a girl and not a boy? It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why are Muslims so freaked out about a cartoon? Perhaps if Muslim leaders denounced the terrorist acts that are causing the stereotypes depicted in the cartoons, less people would feel compelled to mock them for it. If there were newspapers during the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition, I am sure that someone would have drawn Jesus wielding a sword or whip too.

The US and Canadian men's hockey teams are tremendously disappointing to watch. If they both make it into the medal round, I don't think that either can hope for more than a bronze. Perhaps they will bring some younger players to the games in 2010 and leave the dinosaurs at home.

In the Boston area, it is legal to drive in the breakdown lanes on the interstate during rush hour. This has got to be the most insane thing that I have ever seen in my life. Especially when someone tries to get onto an off ramp from the right lane. Just imagine the chaos.

My company gave me a new truck that is not a 4X4. My old one was a 4X4, but they said that they can not justify a 4X4 for me because most of my area is not on dirt roads. Apparently they forgot about the snowfall in New England, damn Okies!

CL&P (power company) has asked the state of Connecticut to allow them to raise their rates because too many people are buying energy efficient appliances and winterizing their homes, the result of which has lowered the demand for electricity in the state. Now I'm no economist, but I thought that lower demand with a constant supply meant lower prices, not higher.

Well, that is all for now. Hopefully something exciting will happen and I will actually have something to write about tomorrow.


Comments:
To have nothing to say you posted alot. LOL! I prefer 4x4's too. That sucks. So what do you do where you go out on dirt roads? You really are the only John Wayne where you are at. LOL! Thanks for the comment. It helps to know others have been through it. I don't mind being 35 and having kids, just not 40. LOL!
 
Sonya - I don't want a 4x4, I need one. If we had a cable sut and I was stuck in the snow and couldn't get there, I'd probably lose my job.
 
Flounder being from oklahoma I take offense to that okie statement!

I bet I can guess which telecom
company you work for.
 
I love the Connecticut power company story. It reminded me of something Gore Vidal once wrote about how we practse capitalism in the West: "Free enterprise for the poor; welfare for the rich."
 
Twisted - I work for the telcom that was owned by the "brothers" pipeline company, then owned by the big investment bankers and is now owned by the OTHER big telcom company.

Bill - Un-fucking-believeable that this shit is allowed to happen.
 
That's a lot ot day for not having anything to say! How are you going to top that? ;)

Sydney is full of 4x4s. And we get no snow or dirt tracks!
 
btw ... I, too, work for a telcom (but shhhh ... we're not supposed to call it a telcom anymore!). But I work in a very different capacity. I know jackshit about how it actually works. I just do the hoo-hah that tells everyone how wonderful it is. Ha ha ha ... good grief.
 
CB - I gues I meant that I didn't have a single coherent thought that I could write about. I really need to get to Australia one of these days, if only to perve for a while.

Edee - Thanks for stopping by! Whenver I am forced to go into Boston, I leave my house in CT at 5:15am and get into our site by 6:30, before traffic gets too crazy. Then I leave at 3:oopm so I miss it on that end too.

Bill - Telcom sucks, especially the fiber optic side of it. Part of me wants a lay off just to get into something else.
 
Hey, Flounder! Happy Hump Day!
 
My life is just as boring right now *sigh*..wanna arm wrassle??
 
Flounder,
Did you say the thing you miss about Dallas is the sports radio thing? Well I just found out that our copier saleperson models on the side. She does ads all over sports weekly. It is kind of like the observer but about sports. She just brought me in her babe of the year posters in swim suits. I had her to sign them for my other half to take home to him. Anyway, I know you are all about sports, so their website is: www.sportspagedallas.com
 
Mac - That's all you got? No wise-ass comments? You feeling alright?

Spy - No, but I'll thumbwrestle ya!

Sonya - Which one is she? There are so many hotties on that site.
 
2005 babe of the year. If you go to event photos, 2005 babe of the year, she is the real tall one in the black swimsuit. The one that can stand up straight and hold her leg straight up in the air beside her. LOL!
 
CL & P sounds like TXU here - that is why I am doing what I am doing...capitalizing on the deregulation of electricity in Texas - don't worry the other states will be soon. :) Then you can do the same thing I am going :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]