Thursday, February 09, 2006

No Sleep for the Weary

I have been sleeping next to Doc Holiday for the past six nights, or at least that is what it seems like at 3am and my wife is coughing up part of her lung. Every year, around this time, she gets bronchitis. It's not usually a big deal because she just goes to the doctor, gets some antibiotics and cough syrup, and it goes away in a couple of days.

But this year is very different because she is 8 months pregnant and therefore limited in her pharmaceutical options. In fact, throughout her pregnancy, she hasn't taken as much as an aspirin or a rolaids tablet because she doesn't want to hurt the baby. Though admirable, I personally think that it is overkill, especially since I know that my mother smoked and had a few glasses of wine while she was pregnant with me. And I turned out alright (Please refrain from your smart-ass comments). Also, she is going to get an epidoral when she gives birth, so won't that effect the kid?

Anyway, we went to the OB on Tuesday and got her Zythromax and some cough medicine with codeine, the latter of which she still hasn't taken. She wanted to have it hand just in case it got that bad and she just needed to take something. So I have woken up somewhere in the middle of the night to my wife hacking and watching some infomercial or 1930's movie all this week, and now I am just beat. I may even sleep in the guest room tonight if she is still sounding like she has tuberculosis.

And you just know that as soon as she is better, I'll start getting sick. Ughhh!

Comments:
She has tried everything. Claritin, Flonase, Zyrtec, you name it. Nothing helps.

I just hope that she doesn't pass that gene on to my son. We Flounder men never get sick!
 
When I was prego, I was a drooling, snotty mess. Most pregnant women have Nyquil fantasies...

~sigh~ Ahh, the good old days... ;)
 
Nyquil fantasies? Damn it i must be prego!

Flounder do something to piss her off and maybe she will make you sleep on the couch, then you can get some rest!
 
Damn, why didn't I think of that? Great advice Twisted!
 
You guys don't seem to be having a good time lately, are you?
 
It's been a tough couple of weeks, that's for sure. I hurt my back tonight filling the pellet stove, so I am doped up on perks now.

WEEEEEEEEEE!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]