Monday, February 06, 2006

Just Call Me Nostradamus!



First, I gave you Texas in the National Championship game (If you actually click on the link, look for my Jan 4, 7:48pm comment). Then I give you not only the Superbowl winner, but the MVP of the game 53 hours before kickoff! What’s next? I guess that you could just call me Flounder the Greek!

But enough of all this prognostication talk. All of the Superbowl talk and hype really saddens me. See, I am a New York Jets fan, and the last time that they won the Superbowl was three months before I was conceived! There have been great players and great moments in the 46-year history of this organization, but most of them happened before I was born. In short they are arguably the most difficult team in all of sports of which to be a fan. Here is why…

Our greatest player, Joe Namath, is remembered by many more for his pantyhose commercial than for his football prowess. Another star player, Mark Gastineau, has an ex-wife and daughter that are more famous today than he ever was! And let’s not talk about his crazy mistress!

The New York Jets have had two coaches in franchise history that have had career winning records with the Jets. One is Bill Parcells, who actually brought some legitimacy to the franchise. The other, Al Groh, coached only one season, then left to become the head coach for the University of Virginia. And we all know that being the head coach of a college team is better than being the head coach of a professional team, right?

The New York Jets play in New Jersey. In Giants Stadium. Huh?

Although I hate cheerleaders, the Jets do not have any. To me, that’s weird. Football and cheerleaders go together like pork chops and applesauce, and it’s wrong that they have none.

There are literally dozens of other reasons that I could list, from failed draft choices and unfortunate uniforms to bad coaching hires, but I don’t want this to turn into a sports blog. I just want you to feel my pain.

Comments:
Flounder the great!
LMAO
 
You want to go to Vegas with me? LOL!
 
I'm there babe!
 
HEY!!...I wanna go to Vegas too !

wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeee


:)
 
You're in Spy! But let's wait until March when I can clean up on the NCAA Tournament.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]