Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This is such an ass whipping...



As you know, Mrs. Flounder and I are expecting our first child in March. In preparation for the blessed event, I am converting a non-used room in our house into his nursery. Now I'm no Bob Villa, but I can handle and hammer and drill as well as any other guy that I know.

Anyway, this room has become the freaking Money Pit. I replaced the 40+ year-old windows which was surprisingly easy, and found that the room had no insulation so I had to take the room down to the studs and start from scratch.

Demolition is always easy, but putting this thing back together has been a small nightmare. Hanging drywall is absolutely the most frustrating thing that I have ever done in my life. In fact, here are some things that I would rather do than hang drywall...


Thank God that I am paying someone to do the taping, mudding and sanding!


Comments:
Imagine if it were bat day! (This may be deemed offensive at the office, so keep your speakers down!)
 
That's why I am contracting that shit out!

The MINI was for you, man. You're still my hero!
 
...and Brokeback Mountain and the whole nonsense about the WNBA. You're hilarious man. I did love the Manheim bit.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]