Friday, January 06, 2006

This is a joke, right?


So, I work for a communications company. When I say communications company, I mean we operate the premier next-generation fiber optic network in the United States. Tons and tons of bandwidth. We carry Yahoo, the NFL and the US Government on our network. We're talking state of the art here.

We have recently been bought by one of our competitors and we are now in an "integration period," which is a euphemism for "we're laying off an ass-load of you sorry bastards." So today, we are having a conference call which is supposed to be giving us an update of where things stand. We have a conference call bridge number that a few hundred people dialed into, and of course, we can't hear a damn thing. The speaker sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher talking to us through soup cans connected by a piece of dental floss. Now everybody is bitching on the conference call because no one can the speaker. One guy is playing .wav files from "Office Space" over the bridge for all to hear. A guy in my office is playing Tetris. I am sure that this call is much more amusing and far less informative than management intended.

TWO communications companies that can not pull off a conference call. Ugggh!!

Comments:
That might explain why the company is in an "integration period"!
 
Touche'!
 
Strategic Planning Process? Sounds like downsizing to me. Hang in there Mac.
 
Telecom sucks! I've been with this damn company for three years and I haven't gotten a single raise. I really need a new career!
 
Mackenzie - are you hiring?
 
Wait, I'm the one with the really shitty job. If she is hiring, I'm in!

I'm willing to do just about anything, as long as it doesn't involve any actual work.
 
You must work for the government. Those bastards have been taking my dough for years and giving it to poor people.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]