Monday, January 09, 2006

My First MEME





Well, since I couldn't control my carnal urges and just had to jump in on the orgy at Brooke's place, I have been tagged to do my first meme. I think that I might alter this a little in the future, but for now, here it goes…

[A is for age:]
36

[B is for booze of choice]
Heineken. Green bottles rule, baby!

[C is for career]
Telecom maintenance and construction supervisor.

[D is for your dog's name:]
I have two Pekingese, Spike & Gizmo. Both white-hot balls of canine terror!

[E is for essential items you use everyday:]
Coffee to resurrect, remote to control TV, Prilosec to control reflux, and baby powder to combat rectum itch.

[F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
Right now, it's "Good Ride, Cowboy" by Garth Brooks. This song has absolutely nothing to do with "Brokeback Mountain".

[G is for favorite games:]
Battleship, the game that teaches children how to lie.

[H is for hometown:]
Atlantic City, NJ: Home of the ACHS Vikings, White House subs, the boardwalk, Monopoly and the real home of Miss America.

[I is for instruments you play:]
Optical Time Domain Reflectometer. It's an instrument for measuring optical distances and splice loss, and I am the Jimi Hendrix of the OTDR. The only music I play is on the radio.

[J is for jam or jelly you like:]
Always Strawberry Preserves.

[K is for kids?]
One on the way. ETA 3/10/06

[L is for last kiss?:]
My wife, at the house before I left for work.

[M is for most admired trait:]
Loyalty.

[N is for name of your crush:]
Mrs. Flounder is my true love, but I have a "voice crush" on Sara McLachlan.

[O is for overnight hospital stays:]
Last one was three years ago when I rolled my Ford Explorer on the Mass Pike. I spent a week in the hospital with head and shoulder injuries, "but the Lord had mercy".

[P is for phobias:]
Runny eggs and mayo.

[Q is for quotes you like:]
"A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week". -- General George S. Patton

"Get your cotton-picking fingers off my gin." --Eli Whitney

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." --Peter Gibbons, from Office Space

[R is for biggest regret:]
Regrets?
I've had a few.
But then again,
Too few to mention.

[S is for sweets of your choice:]
It starts and ends with Key Lime Pie.

[T is for time you wake up:]
5:30 am, though I have a feeling that will be changing dramatically in a couple of months.

[U is for underwear:]
Boxers (flannel in winter).

[V is for vegetables you love:]
Jersey tomatoes, eggplant and white corn. But only Jerseys.

[W is for worst habit:]
Biting my fingernails.

[X is for x-rays you've had:]
Way to many too mention here. Years of football and hockey have made them add up.

[Y is for yummy food you make:]
Pulled Pork and all things BBQ.

[Z is for zodiac sign:]
Capricorn.

Well, that was painless.

Comments:
What team is in VB? I live near Providence and catch a P-Bruins game every now and then. I grew up a Flyers fan, and I am sure that I will bleed black and orange when I die.
 
I love that song. I hold out hope that I will actually hear him do it in concert one of these years.

Hey, he did Woman Going Crazy on Caroline Street this year, so anything is possible.

Flyers kick ass, and there will be a parade down Broad Street this June. Mark it down.
 
No Mac, that would just be wrong!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]