Thursday, January 26, 2006

D-Day

In my case, it stands for Descend Day. As in the day when all of my wife's hillbilly relatives descend upon my quite country home here in Connecticut. It's coming, you know. In fact, 58 hours from now, my house will be filled with them. Mrs. Flounder's baby shower is this weekend, and all seven of the women are all staying here Saturday and Sunday night. Eight women, one full bathroom. Man, Sunday morning is going to be fun!

As a results, I have been working my ass off to prepare the house for visitors, even if they are hillbillies. My wife gave me a list of things that absolutely had to be done before any visitors could walk through the front door, and even though this is a surprise shower and visit from family, I still need to be prepared. Most of the items were simple and have already been completed, but the big one is still out there, lurking and waiting to take me out!

It is, of course, completing construction of the nursery. I have lamented here about the work that I am doing in there, and it is now time for an update.

The drywall is complete and looks great. Too bad I am about to cover half of it with the wainscoting that I bought at Lowe's yesterday. I completed priming the walls and will paint this morning. Once it's dry, I will start putting in the door and window trim, wainscoting, baseboard, chair rail and crown molding. Then, I will fill the nail holes with putty, sand, paint all of the wainscoting, trim and the ceiling, and install the ceiling fan. Did I mention that I was doing this by myself and it needs to be complete by Saturday morning? Ugggh!

I foresee many trips to the home improvement store over the next 48 hours , and many beers Saturday night if I actually pull this off. Anyway, I think that my primer is dry and I have to start painting. My next post should be a picture of the completed nursery, or a link to my obituary.

AMF...

Comments:
I need pictures - I am a DIYer myself. There are many pictures of my ongoing projects. POST, and POST soon!

ames
 
You will get it done and the weekend will be over with before you know it. Now get it done so you can hurry up and get back to blogland with us.
 
8 women and 1 bathroom? My condolences...
 
Oooooo it sounds so CUTE!!! You should take a pic of a bit or piece so we can check it out!!! ;)
 
haha this entry was funny. Good Luck with the hilljacks invading. Congrats on the new addition to your fish family.
 
Update - The walls are painted, the wainscoting is hung, the windows are framed, and the chair rail is in place. I finished around 10pm last night, and I'm about to go and hit it again.

On the menu today: Install baseboard, crown molding and ceiling fan, paint wainscoting, ceiling and all the trim, clean up the colossal mess and meet the billies at the hotel where I am putting them up (Priority Club Points). When I get back from there, I have about 9 loads of laundry to do with all the bedding I am going to need. Again, uggh!
 
I'm always amazed anyone can do these things. Anytime I've done anything - even change a lightbulb - I end up with a shoddy looking lean-to.
 
So when you coming to clean and repair all your blog buddies houses?
 
Hope you made it through . . .
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]